The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name server IP's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tlp, Oct 17, 2003.

1. tlp

tlp Well-Known Member

I had a reseller account set up, then the guy left and i terminated his account.
    Now I have another re-seller to set up. I go to assign a IP to get the message I am out of IP's for nameservers. So I check Manage Nameserver IPs

I have the old reseller still listed as using 2 IPs. I try to delete tem and I get this Sorry, the nameserver ip xxx.xx.xxx.xxx cannot be removing since it is still registered with an ICANN register

How do I get these IPs back in my control, as it seems they are not.

Thanks

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Manually edit: /etc/nameserverips

3. asuservice

asuservice Well-Known Member

Yes ... BUT!!!

Hi Rob,
    That does work but have you ever clicked on "Manage Nameserver IP's" after doing that?

The old ones pop right back in and you have to manually edit nameserverips again.

Also ...

We recently started getting our IP's from a different source. All machines were changed and the old IP's dropped BUT, on a few, if you check some of the IP's functions in WHM they still show up.

It seems they are still stored in a WHM/CPanel file SOMEWHERE which doesn't drop them when changed via WHM. We have searched and searched and searched trying to figure this out but haven't had any luck.

I have a feeling that WHM IP functions are problemnatic at best.

4. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

Re: Yes ... BUT!!!

You have new nameservers ip and they still show up as the old nameserver ip? Did you update reverse dns? I've found that until reverse dns properly expired, the whm display could be finicky...

5. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That does work but have you ever clicked on "Manage Nameserver IP's" after doing that?

Yes I have and, for various reasons, my changes can be over-ridden. So make sure you chattr -i the file -- problem solved. :)