The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

name servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cr0wbar, Jun 3, 2006.

1. cr0wbar

cr0wbar Member

ok i have a problem i like cpanel but i want to chage my host how can i fix that so i dont have to get my host to change my name servers for me i have no access to the web host manager so that is no option i also want to keep cpanel when i change host can someone PLEASE help me

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

ask your new host to migrate the your files over using the WHM transfer options, once everything is done, login to your domain registrar to update the domain name server for your domain to point to the new web host DNS server.

3. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

It sounds like your host is in control of your domain name, so you are going to have to ask them to change your nameservers. Providing they are a good provider they will do this without question. Its not uncommon to find some who will have a go at you though when you ask for your domain details to be changed.

On the other hand if you have control of your domain you can update nameservers yourself, your new host can migrate your account or you can create backups and then restore them.