The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Named/Bind new account problem - FreeBSD5.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Holbrookau, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Holbrookau

Holbrookau Active Member

Since cPanel did its usual daily scripts/upcp update 2 days ago new accounts made in WHM are not available via their domain name, I can however access them by (shared) IP and FTP. Accounts made prior to the update have no issues.
    During account creation the following line appears: Fatal, neither ndc or rndc was found on this server..
    The account is added to named.conf.
    I have searched here for answers, however any fixes that may have lead to a resolution have been unsuccsessfull or inapplicable (to FreeBSD). Running scripts/fixndc simply returns: named.conf has already been fixed!
    The update that cPanel performed installed a number of new packages from the Ruby distribution, which I assume is a new FreeBSD5 release? It appears to have updated bind with the following version: bind9-base-9.2.3.
    I did wait until yesterdays cPanel update in the hope the issue would be fixed, but the problem is still there.
    Any help on this would be appreciated.

2. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

I have one machine with the exact same problem and saw Ruby and Bind9 get installed.. Running FREEBSD 4.8. Front page is no longer working either... :eek:

3. Holbrookau

Holbrookau Active Member

I've put in a support ticket to cPanel and also to my NOC - will update when we get resolution.

4. Holbrookau

Holbrookau Active Member

All appears to be working again, although I'm not sure why. Neither cPanel nor my NOC have replied so I assume todays scripts/upcp did the job..?

5. summy

summy Active Member

Im getting the same error message reported to me on account creation:

"Fatal, neither ndc or rndc was found on this server."

However! Everything seems to be fine, domains are working properly and resolving.

Running FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, CPANEL 9.7.1-EDGE 3, bind 8

6. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I got the same problem this morning:

"Fatal, neither ndc or rndc was found on this server."

After trying to park a domain in one users account.

We updated to 9.7.7-RELEASE_16 for Freebsd 4.7 this weekend. Everything seems to be ok or at least nobody is screaming yet. But we cannot manually run named.restart or anything like that and parking a domain produces the fatal error above.