The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Named.conf - Domain Disappearing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atorreso, Feb 11, 2008.

1. atorreso

atorreso Member

Good Afternoon,

I have run into a very odd problem. Currently we are running
    WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.0-R20595
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.6 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

On both our DNS servers, there is one single domain that will just disappear from the server. When I say disappear I mean from the named.conf file only. The files, folders, email, and even the /var/named/domainname.db is there.
    Either one or the other happens, and it only happens when I add an account or delete an account.
    This one domain, and this one domain only it will either be deleted from the named.conf on both DNS servers or it will be placed at the bottom, and at the bottom I mean a good 10 - 15 pages of blank space from the last zone entry to it. I can manually place the zone entry anywhere in the named.conf file and it will disappear or move.
    I am totally confused on this one, and again it is only 1 single domain, it is not a random domain being deleted or moved, but 1 single domain.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thank you,

Anthony

2. atorreso

atorreso Member

Bump.

Anybody else having this problem? All updates applied. Same thing.

Thanks,

Anthony

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is this domain owned by a cPanel account?

4. atorreso

atorreso Member

Good Morning,

It is a Addon Domain, and is owned. The odd part is that this account has 3 other addon domains, and they all work fine and don't experience this.

Thank you for your response.

Anthony

5. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you using DNS Clsutering? If so, is it the cPanel DNS Clustering or your own solution? Is synchronization setup to push/pull from all servers, or uni-directional?

Does the disappearance happen predictably (e.g. some time every day; after backup; after synch, etc)?

6. atorreso

atorreso Member

The servers are setup on a cPanel DNS Cluster. With Synchronize Changes: set.

It only happens when I login as root to any of the servers, and add or delete any account. These can be adding new accounts, or deleting an old account.

Thanks,
    Anthony

7. atorreso

atorreso Member

Upgraded to latest build. WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.1-R20683

Still having the same problems. I add or delete a domain, this one single domain disappears from both DNS servers.

Thank you,

Anthony

8. atorreso

atorreso Member

Interesting find.
    I just added the domain back again, and I got this error message

dns_master_load: /tmp/cpanel.TMP.dnJS_18e6UgLgLir:20: ignoring out-of-zone data (ohiodar.org)
    zone ohiodar.org/IN: loaded serial 2008011201
    OK

I just looked at the /var/named dir and it is full of crazy file types.

There is 11MB's and 2596 files in there now, and we only host about 300 domains sooooo.

Code:
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.wOBkitcGqEToSiQq    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.vtqub69xKispFOWs     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.TyL4QiKFxtAxBmQ8
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.WomG5DCsrFShQidD    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.VUX5bKYJlDQBp_Ce     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.tYowXzzN5Tdi70Sk
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.wozQGafF2S5gqFZE    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.vWEZ3zbmmvoNWBRK     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.U4kiLRIZ3cqrpYYN
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.WrnTrVLu3fGG90O1    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.vxCQkLzwNQZulR9R     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UAvLZxGoEZ6Lp8IK
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.WWfEjlVkwQVl_p8z    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.vZJFRycnGNTII1zB     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.ucfbJ5x6JmsNTi_b
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.WxFBOhGeJ9e424wv    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.vzl3D6pYrlgR_Gc7     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uCgEzZvjnMGxr8dn
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Wxx80Vax7e0Q_RCO    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.VzVWDfpYvnUztMNz     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UdvqvboHQiqpPQ8P
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.wZYbN1Y9biumPD_I    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.W9RuVaLriehmUA3Y     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UF5BfQ8GR4zZpjPo
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.X4nqfZukc3EBQCpA    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WBJljNZs6S9u62Cp     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UfjOxhENlR3bcvS2
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work._x8QQLmBDom1VoQQ    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wC2GkT6aRnZnwQZI     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uFNEd7ugVKtGSibG
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.XCJvUbo06DgEMFX2    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WD6IznouXaU99GWd     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uGBetC0hUBF4v9D_
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xdeFgrWs6DOUaFOa    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wDC8rX1qIkFstCqw     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uhCBxMY8U3A8nKwR
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.XeDxhPijBWz8qaps    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wdDZaIhqbe7LwEj0     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UJPvmhKo9KtVt6w3
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xEGpcWzM1F6gC_kw    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WewMqlHgO4G1JD6t     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UmkTs1CY90larspC
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xFkJJbKqUMGy8eqj    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.Wg8VJvGKluwP9qDJ     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uMlobuNGPRB3d450
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work._xG9Igw5wmqDTrwd    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WgU2brbgMwbAZO9J     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.unN4ZgslRQWB2rn3
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Xjjli2wfrcSKTSBG    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WJ2WyMWFFyx6GygO     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.Uovld7ejcejFSSmN
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.XJOHzuc_HlesIT5l    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WnEJYW3ENoDp62Jr     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.URDqyj8Vm1NmTfHw
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xMYKUbC4mozLsJsP    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wnYrbUB4lPHGvD_d     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uRELAhoqGngyC0hz
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xpLLm5eRcfcIeXMc    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WObsJmVX6635b46D     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UTufoFbSDAHTeLRe
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xTTRKIniegEmMB_u    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WopEqIn1YxUgElhY     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UTy18kJC2890RUjB
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xv89IlHG7WDtnctd    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wOxyT38r_Tad6nLH     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uUar_ZdE7zveVe9d
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Xvvgks51wer1q7MS    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wqF4VTB8AF4MEecS     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UuGWNNttsTFYnFcc
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.xw2WEASUQah37BzF    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wSiIX_9B0ZRSM5Wx     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.UwXpLIHjCXWUtchD
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Y3nzhqviWT_JD4Zb    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wUDDdFqF__yALFCd     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.uXLmU5lcvp5trBYt
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Y5_EiB0FiUIu3p5h    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wUMkVuqX43rnQV7q     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.Uy2aA6lMovVbIFuu
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Y65vIrPpDjv9y3pD    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.wwQTl8vOVfvJJr6Z     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.v23qfPgAOaGMhAvk
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.y7FeKftzP9GlC_9S    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.WZpb6xKgaJY4S2zc     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.v39QTyxX2BTD6sCn
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.ydgwd7VgpOSf3eiD    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.x0XV8jTOYvGWCdgO     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.v5U6i022g8Hzf1vd
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.YEtGAookuDz6I0V7    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.X31eM7NMPqAhLYaP     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.VaZU2FnpMKnsZDdX
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.YFby8xsTQzynlxQs    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.X8RpU8EjjrOHVOOf     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.VC6UUUkiRvIDRBY8
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.yHkTT4L7ik3JHiLo    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.xBbT7zpnsph6ua9e     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.VcfYx_EISudh6JOT
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.yIjnnPtvIxBosR0e    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.xBq7Gg3itgvknvN2     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.vCUQcW6Az4f9XAST
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.yKFxsRGa7hJgJtsn    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.XDFCu9CkO5OoVr6G     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.vhb2Y_lPXU5lS2ag
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.Yl3AFD9UZswl1Ogb    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.xDYCwNru9vmPY08J     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.vhhAAYMW34PdqRcA
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.yT6FdCCDlBmeQZCZ    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.XELyPuDrWJcBEGsN     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.vhkGh4_9NATxfTee
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.yufvz4IU1rrFOJwN    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.xFovGR9au04vjFwZ     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.vikDhBw3iRRy5GNa
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.yUOFw3EUK2wql4Cq    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.xgdp_C9vl0fpwRwG     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.VIOeBOuUnWLcNuv_
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.YuVUDaj48koh9v3c    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.xigPv5XERUKWZ5c8     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.vIuyYx13_SXif9Yc
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.YwGhNVp93avX57dB    members.ohiodar.org.db.work.XiQLiLnS4SX2BSnP     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.ViZiEa2C_MK8WaNC
    chapters.ohiodar.org.db.work.z3vOBWlC1hsxCATN    members.ohiodar.org.db.work._xK5ZrNoPsqaFTa9     teachers.ohiodar.org.db.work.VlWFvalQuOiG__xz

9. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is on line 20 that causes named-checkzone to have issues?

Those are temporary files generated by the Zone syntax check, a safeguard against accidental Zone corruption during transfers/sync. You can disable this in Tweak Settings. Do you have Resource Records in those Zones that the Zone Editor cannot handle? (for example, SRV, NAPTR, LOC).

10. atorreso

atorreso Member

Thank you for the zone check tweak..
    Nope nothing at all special in the zone file.

The tmp file, does not exist, nor does anything that remotely looks like the file.

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Anthony

11. atorreso

atorreso Member

Bumping this, it is still going on, and my customer is on the verge of moving away.

This happens now with any addon domains that are setup inside of cPanel as well not just inside of whm.

Thank you,

Anthony

12. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator