The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Named.conf problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jakeruston, Jul 5, 2008.

1. jakeruston

jakeruston Member

Hi,

There seems to be a syntax error or something in my named.conf file, I get this:

root@server1 [~]# named-checkconf
    /etc/named.conf:3889: unknown option 'e'
    /etc/named.conf:7999: unexpected end of input

My named.conf file is as follows:

There are a lot more zones, but I couldn't post them because there are around 10,000 of them (mostly subdomains).

Please let me know the fix.

2. k.agashe

k.agashe Member

Hello,

Take a backup of the named.conf and then try to run /scripts/fixrndc, at the same time make sure to check the logs within /var/log/messages.

This should work for you, if it does not then check the attached named.conf which does the trick most of the time. (replace the code within named.conf with the attached one)

If still there is a problem then you need to check the code present on the above error lines.

Thanks.
    http://host.co.in

Attached Files:

3. jakeruston

jakeruston Member

Thanks for your help.

I replaced the code with the one you gave me, and I get no errors on the Named file now.

The only problem is this now:

CheckDNS.NET is asking root servers about authoritative NS for domain
    Got DNS list for 'milofi.com' from g.gtld-servers.net
    Found NS record: ns1.milofi.com[12.192.82.135], was resolved to IP address by g.gtld-servers.net
    Found NS record: ns2.milofi.com[12.192.82.136], was resolved to IP address by g.gtld-servers.net
    Domain has 2 DNS server(s)

CheckDNS.NET is verifying if NS are alive
    DNS server ns1.milofi.com[12.192.82.135] is alive, but not authoritative for domain 'milofi.com' and didn't return SOA
    DNS server ns2.milofi.com[12.192.82.136] is alive, but not authoritative for domain 'milofi.com' and didn't return SOA

My configuration still doesn't work...