The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver didn't return any records

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Hornet25, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hornet25

Hornet25 Registered

Dec 20, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am not exactly a new user, as I have set up several servers with cPanel and added new accounts quite successfully, but this one has got me stumped.

The domain is and when I use I get the reply that the nameservers are not responding. I have installed csf and made sure port 53 is open and I have also checked all of the DNS records and they all look correct and certainly match the records I have set up on other servers for other domains. I have checked the domain has glue records which it does and they were set up yesterday. I am aware that it takes time for propagation, but I think that has already happened and the issue is at the server. I have also checked the resolv.conf file and the information is correct.

This is the actual reply I get from

intoDNS: - check DNS server and mail server health

I am assuming the lack of SOA and MX records will be resolved when a response can be received from the nameservers as this information is in the DNS records.

If anyone can point me in the right direction here, I would be very appreciative.

Kind regards,