The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nameserver domain site

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by The Godfather, Apr 15, 2007.

1. The Godfather

The Godfather Registered

Apr 15, 2007
    first id like to say that i have been using cpanel for 3 years and i very much love it and depend on it.

I know this is a noobish question but i cant figure out how to do it. i would like to put a website up at my domain that i use as a nameserver. when i try to make an account for the domain though whm i get this message

Sorry, a DNS entry for already exists

the page i want to get rid of says

Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

id like to replace it with a reseller hosting site. my other question is what script comes recommended to automate the cpanel account reselling, i would like something with integrated domain name registration and credit card merchant account with paypal option.

sorry for the lengthy post, any help is greatfully appreciated.
  2. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2005
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Try this command as root with SSH:
    grep "" /etc/trueuserdomains
    If you get an output then this domain is already configured on the server and if not, you will need to search of this domain in:

and remove it if the entry exists. Also check if this files is present. If yes, then removed it.

This page will be removed automatically if the domain is setup correctly. This normally happens when an entry in httpd.conf is incorrect or missing.

I am not sure of any, may be some else can help.