bonnmac

Apr 26, 2003
Okay, I have my main domain crediblehost.com (which is on my ensim server) and I have purchased a new server with cPanel. Well the nameservers I want to use are with this domain. I want to use dns4.crediblehost.com & dns5.crediblehost.com I have added them into cpanel box with ips assigned to this box. I have added them at enom with correct ips.

Now all was working. I added some clients to this box and their sites were resolving using these nameservers. However today none of them work. I go to dnsreport.com and it says correct nameservers but on dns4.crediblehost.com it gives my ensim server ip.

I've checked at enom and correct ip for cpanel box is there for nameserver.

Do I need to add A Records (to crediblehost.com) on my ensim box but with cpanel ips?

Any ideas?

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Using WHM > Server Setup > Manage Assigned Nameserver Ips

does dns4.crediblehost.com & dns5.crediblehost.com show up, and with the correct IPs? If not, you can edit:

# /etc/nameserverips

to include them. This is usually a read-only file though, so make sure to 'chattr -i' to edit it, then change it back with 'chattr +i'.

You can then, Edit the DNS (in WHM) for including A records for both NS.

bonnmac

Apr 26, 2003
Thanks but this didn't solve my problem :( Any other ideas?

/etc/nameserverips looks similar to this

ipaddress = dns4.crediblehost.com
ipaddress = dns5.crediblehost.com
ipaddress = ipaddress
ipaddress = ipaddress
ipaddress = ipaddress
ipaddress = ipaddress
ipaddress = ipaddress
ipaddress = ipaddress

I have A Records for both of these nameservers in WHM :(

bonnmac

Apr 26, 2003
As per my first post. No they do not work which is why I'm asking for help.

They are registered at my registar. They worked for a couple days. Now they do not work. checkdns.net says they are alive however domains do not resolve anymore. They resolved for almost a week then stopped.