The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver IP Problems

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by comhad, Aug 20, 2010.

1. comhad

comhad Registered

Hello,

I am running my two nameservers (ns1.comhad.com, ns2.comhad.com) from the same server as the sites at IP address 98.158.185.8 and have the DNS zones on the server as well as the domain registrar set up to have those nameservers at that IP of 98.158.185.8. But under any dns lookup, as well as under WHM in the Basic cPanel/WHM Setup and Add A entry for this nameserver the IP shows as the old IP of 67.228.254.4. I have tried several times to change that IP to the new one but with no affect, and when I click on Assign IP Address it will try assigning an ip address forever. It doesn't make any sense because any changes I make on the server's dns will take affect, even though the IP address for the nameservers are to different servers. I really need help on this.

Thanks,

Connor
    Comhad Hosting

2. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The best way will be as follows,

1) Open your domain registrar control panel and register the two name servers with its ips.
    2) Then edit the ZONE file of comhad.com and add the TWO A records .

You can check the name server info using the whois tools .

3. comhad

comhad Registered

I have already registered the two IPs with my domain registrar and there are already 2 A entries in the zone. Thats why it is so weird, and its not because of dns propagation, because its been several days.