The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver ip won't change

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by breko, Jun 30, 2009.

1. breko

breko Registered

Greetings folks, this is my first time messing around with cPanel and wHM, i've been able to solve every issue... until now =)

The thing is, I needed to create three reseller's account, wich I did, and two of them are working great.

When I created the third reseller account, I don't know why, but I clicked on "Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar (ignore locally specified nameservers)"

Okay, I created all the accounts needed, uploaded all the data, created all the mysql db's and emails, then I went to change the dns to my dedicated server, the reseller account did change to my new server, and its working great, the problem is the accounts on it, they are all pointing to the old server ip, and I just can't change it.

I've tried to create the account again, delete the dns zone and create it again, no good.

I'm really clueless...

Thanks in advance

2. breko

breko Registered

Hello PlatinumServerM, thank you for your reply =)

I kinda solve it, I logged by ssh and used locate "the old ip" and purged every file containing the old ip, and then I rebooted the server, stop/started the named service, and created the dns zones again, and I supose that did the trick :P

Not sure, but it's all up and running