The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver IP's dont update ip address

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Bralo, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Bralo

Bralo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ok so when i click on "Nameserver IPs" i see the ns1 and ns2 but its says "no ip".
    and when i update the ip from :
    Server Configuration < Basic cPanel & WHM Setup < Basic Config
    i click on "add an a entry for this nameserver" put the ip and than click "assign ip address" on both ns1 and ns2
    wait for over a week and its still show me "no ip" in the nameserver IPS, and i cant update my domain at "domain.com" because of this problem ....

2. NetMantis

NetMantis BANNED

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Do you actually have the DNS zone for the primary domain added to your server?

You need the zone file for the primary domain you will be using added to your server.

The "add an a entry for this nameserver" just picks an open IP from the server's IP and assigns it to the zone file but you need to first have the base domain zone file added to the server else it will only create new zone files with the DNS hostname subdomain name and not the base domain zone.

Ideally, it's often easier to just edit the zone file after it's added to your server either as a new cpanel account or just as an added DNS domain name on the server. Editing the DNS zone, you would need to set the DNS hostname at the top of the DNS zone file, the NS records, and the A records for each DNS server respectively.

/etc/nameserverips should also have your DNS servers listed as well:
    Code:
    0.0.0.1=ns1.mydomain.com
    0.0.0.2=ns2.mydomain.com

Other than that, you need to have the same information registered with the registrar where you purchased your domain creating NS1 and NS2 dns hosts using the same respective IPs as you assigned.

3. Bralo

Bralo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    the file /etc/nameserverip show me :
    46.166.163.248=ns1.bralo-sec.co.il
    46.166.163.250=ns2.bralo-sec.co.il

and its ok and every thing is ok ... in the main domain "bralo-sec.co.il" have the same information with the same NS and ip addressed.
    in addition in WHM the "Nameserver IPs" show me :
    ns1.bralo-sec.co.il No IP 2
    ns2.bralo-sec.co.il No IP 2

and still when i try to add a new domain in the control panel in "domain.com" with the same NS1 and NS2 information its give me the error :
    Records for doctorhack.com could not be updated. The nameserver you chose may not be a valid nameserver. Please verify with the provider and try again

what to do ?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please open up a ticket, since Nameserver IPs area is informational only. There might be something wrong with the setup somewhere else. You can submit a ticket in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the ticket number here for tracking purposes. Thanks!