The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver issue what gives

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by DigiCrime, Apr 18, 2003.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

in WHM when you create accounts it setups the default nameservers to that domain you created, however, this particular domain wanted its own nameservers so Ive edited the dns to give it, its own nameservers and ive setup IP addresses to them. A week later when I go into the registar to change the name servers I get this message

NS1.xxxxx.COM is not a registered name server.
    NS2.xxxxx.COM is not a registered name server.

:confused: You can ping the nameservers, ns1 you can bring up in a web browser everything seems to be working fine, and you can access the domain right now too but why couldnt I add the nameservers in my registar, something I did wrong?

2. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

Did you register the nameservers with the register? If you didn't theres your problem, each nameserver you create needs to be registered with the register of the domain name its on. So for example if you have domain.com with Enom and want to set up:
    ns1.domain.com > 111.111.111.111
    ns2.domain.com > 111.111.111.112

You would go into the enom control panel and hit register nameservers and enter all these details, once youve done that you can put as many domains going to those nameservers as you like, even using the domain.com one.....

Hope this helps!

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

I see it now n/m its taken care of ;) thanks