The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nameserver names and DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by JZM, Apr 9, 2014.

1. JZM

JZM Member

I have created a couple of nameservers that do not start with NS haha

I have managed to set one domain with the nameservers and they are working fine but when I go and try to set another domains nameservers within the (crazy domains) control panel it tells me that the host does not exist but I can ping and access via browser.

Because they are DNS entries of a domain I am guessing thats where the issue lies am I right

I have an a record for my vps hostname and nameservers (3x ip addresses)

2. SS-Maddy

SS-Maddy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you using the same set of name servers for your second domain as well ? In that case it should work unless second domain is under a different registrar than the first and the DNS propagation is not complete.

You may check the name server registration at internic.net -> whois and use name server type.

Also certain TLDs want the namservers to be reregistered under their registry as well.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It seems like it might be a propagation issue. Is the second registrar still preventing you from using those name servers? If so, you may want to contact the first registrar to determine if there are any problems with the name servers you created there.

Thank you.