The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver not working

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Chriz1977, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Chriz1977

Chriz1977 Well-Known Member

Hi

One of my clients has set up custom nameservers on 2 seperate IPs on our server. He has reported that one has stopped working. dnsstuff's dns report showed ERROR: Some of your nameservers listed at the parent nameservers did not respond. The ones that did not respond are: xxxxxxxx

Ive checked the clients dns, thats ok. Ive checked networking setup>>nameserver IPs and they were ok. I tried to delete and recreate the nameservers, however, now in networking setup>>nameserver IPs its only showing 1 of the clients nameservers and when i try to add the other one it says its already added.

Anyone got any suggestions about where to look next?

Cheers
    Chriz

PS Is it just me or in the reseller center, under privlidges/nameservers, the boxes to assign an IP and create an A record dont work?? (Im using cpanel 11)

2. Chriz1977

Chriz1977 Well-Known Member

Any ideas guys????

3. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

The second IP that does not show up may not be provisioned by the datacenter for your server use.

Check /etc/nameserverips
    /etc/ips and
    ssh with command ifconfig to see if indeed you have the ip added. Although this does not mean you are authorized to use that IP. also your account profile at the DC and be sure you do in fact have that IP delegated for your use.

Those are just some things to look at. Of course there may be many other reasons for the trouble but those are some of the popular things.