The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver Problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Daemon1, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

I have just recently installed the latest version of Cpanel on Redhat 9 and I was just wondering if anyone could provide any feedback to a few problems I'm having.

When clicking on the "Manage Nameserver IPs" link in server setup, the list of Assigned Nameserver IPs sometimes takes ages to load and other times its fast like it should be. And another problem I have with this part is that the IPs and namservers I add keep vanishing off the manage list after I've added them. In "Edit Setup" the A entries are already in, but I'm having to keep on re-assigning the nameservers IPs all the time. Any know what's going on here? Any tips on the intial setup of the DNS?

Is there any type of basic introduction help site to the intial setup process anywhere? Like a checklist of what to do to get it all working first time? Im never gonna get the domain to work if i keep screwing with these settings so I needa get it right. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dman

2. mta

mta Well-Known Member

Hi
    I had this problem too
    it was fixed with me after i restarted bind & Apache

try that & tell me.

3. Daemon1

Daemon1 Well-Known Member

Ive just done as you suggested, now all I can do Is wait I guess. I have the nameserver IPs listed for both nameservers under "Manage Nameserver IPs" so I guess it's working for now.

How long after you restarted the services did it take for the nameservers to be operational?

4. Kikky

Kikky Active Member

Deamon,

For the slow loading pages in WHM, have you set the resolver config to use your own servers nameserver IP?

5. stugster

stugster Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to follow up... I was experiencing the same problems and did what Kikky said.

Adding your localhost IP, and your own server's nameserver IP's to your /etc/resolv.conf file seems to do the trick.