Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Nameserver Problem

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by dan223, Mar 21, 2007.

1. dan223

dan223 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have had cpanel running on this server for quite a while and now none of the domains are working, I can access the sites via the IP so it must be something wrong with the nameservers, any advice? Its just suddenly stopped working.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Restart your service would be good for starters. You need to give more information if you want more detailed advice.

Try dnsreport to check your setup, its a good start.

3. dan223

dan223 Well-Known Member

Ok, I have restarted the server (note this is a VPS and I own the hardware node) and tried restarting the named service, all the dns has been setup correctly as it was working fine however recently it suddenly stopped, I have tried doing force cpanel updates etc but all with no luck.

DNS Report:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=cj-hosting.co.uk

4. dan223

dan223 Well-Known Member

Ok, I fixed this problem, the named.conf file was next to empty so I got the list of the domains and manually remade it, is there any reason why this should happen, and is there a faster way to restore it in future?

Looking forward to your replies