The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver questions again

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by kers7754, Jan 14, 2011.

1. kers7754

kers7754 Active Member

I have read a lot about nameserver in this forum but I have a few questions still.

I am using a single Go Daddy dedicated server so I only have 1 server currently. Should I use Go Daddy's nameservers or is it safe to use 2 or 3 IP addresses on my server as nameservers?

Can I use shared websites using these IP addresses or do they have to be exclusive to nameservers?

If I want to have all new registered domains automatically be parked, do I need seperate nameservers for parked pages?

Thanks for the information,
    --Jeff

2. usman43

usman43 Member

My recommendation would be to use your private nameservers on dedicated server instead of Go daddy's nameservers, why? it will save you a lot of manual work other wise you would have to manually create dns entry at Go daddy for every time you create a subdomain , parked domain or an addon domain on your dedicated server. cPanel automatically creates required dns entries when ever you create a new subdomain/parked/addon domain so while using nameservers on your dedicated server , dns changes will take effect automatically without giving you headache for any additional manual work.

While you use two or three IPs for nameservers (two are enough though) you can reside number of domains on those IP address.

3. kers7754

kers7754 Active Member

Great... thanks!

4. usman43

usman43 Member

Glad could help