pablo777

Sep 8, 2015
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi i'm having problems getting my domain to point to my server or the nameservers to even work what ive done so far.

Ive updated new nameservers at my registar.
Add an A entry on initial setup on both nameservers.
Added nameservers at my vps

Still not working i can view my site on 0.0.0.0.0-mysite but my domain wont point to my server for some reason i know its an easy fix for you more tech savy people on here but for me im at a dead end and stuck in a black hole any help would be very thankful?

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In WHM basic setup did you assign an IP address to your nameserver.

Also at registrar level, I have the ability to create records for my name server, before adding them to my registrar DNS records.

Reactions: pablo777

pablo777

Sep 8, 2015
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In WHM basic setup did you assign an IP address to your nameserver.

Also at registrar level, I have the ability to create records for my name server, before adding them to my registrar DNS records.
Yes and a A record i named two of my own nameservers one was ns1mydomain the other ns2mydomain

EDIT:::: Ive just tried to do it again and it says the system has no free ip when I open the config panel it shows both my name servers so I added an A for both again but still nothing.....?

Last edited:

syslint

Verifed Vendor
Oct 9, 2006
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Are you sure you registered the name servers near your domain registrars . Please go to InterNIC | Whois and give your nameserver and select "nameserver" , then do a search . If it show the correct IP then NS registration is fine

You need to register the nameservers too .

Reactions: pablo777

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I suggest using a website such as IntoDNS to verify if your name servers have been configured properly.

Thank you.

pablo777

Sep 8, 2015
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are you sure you registered the name servers near your domain registrars . Please go to InterNIC | Whois and give your nameserver and select "nameserver" , then do a search . If it show the correct IP then NS registration is fine

You need to register the nameservers too .
Thanks yes it shows the ip that my registrar has but not my WHM ip i'm trying to get my WHM ip to host several sites on shared ip you see, my vps seller said i have 3 ip one main one for WHM and two gateway ip

UPDATE:::: Ive just checked my WHM and resolved ip is pointing to my WHM and CPanel and to a different nameserver completly? is this an easy fix now I know I have an IP resolving on my WHM? apprently it says it updates nightly so Im not going to touch anything till over night unless you have any suggestions first ofcourse and thank you for replying.

Last edited:

pablo777

Sep 8, 2015
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
UPDATE:: Ok my vps seller said im trying to use there nameservers which wont work so how do I get my domain to point to my ip for my server when I add the name servers it goes red and wont accept them while at registrar? shall i just do a rebuild or can i manually edit the dns zone problem is I dont know what Im doing Im a complete newbie I only know html and css not dns.

Another Update: Ok I have checked WHM////ns Record and it says my nameservers but on both it says I have no ip so im guessing thats the problem how do I manually add a ip to the nameservers to appear in that ns record I understand this is going to take another overnight to propergate once we have added the ips but how?

Last edited: