The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver Setup

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Vizzi, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Vizzi

Vizzi Member

I've been trying for hours to setup my nameservers on my server,
    It looks like I have done everything right but my domains arent working.

I have checked the DNS on the domains have updated, flushed my DNS, even checked on another connection and it still doesnt work.

are there any clean, easy, thorough tutorials on the internet to setup the nameservers for CPanel 11?

2. wired420

wired420 Active Member

Nameservers

The normal setup for just A, CNAME type records is pretty self explanitory... If its reverse dns your having issues with search for posts by me and I created a in depth tutorial on how to do that.

3. tigeryan

tigeryan Member

I have meet the same problem~!

I have meet the same problem, and I have configured all the A type for the nameserver, at the first time ,it works well ,but our server happend a mistake and we redo the os ,and then I can't bound the domain to the nameserver, so surprised, the information is:

Hostname A Entry Missing!
    The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname (soscn-x01.siteoutsource.net). This is generally because the entry was never added. However this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would like to attempt to automatically add the entry, .

i try to configure it ,but failed. pls help me ~!