Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Nameserver Setup

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by mistervlad, Jan 24, 2008.

1. mistervlad

mistervlad Member

Ok, I have a noob question here.

I have my own server that I pay for, and it is running:
    WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.0-R19434
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.6 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

now, i have been using zoneedit.com to manage my DNS, but where i lease my server from, I can use their nameserver, as well, as I can set their nameserver to be my secondary one, and pull the data from my nameserver.

How do i go about setting the nameserver up on my server, so that when a user creates a sub-domain, it will add it to my nameserver, insted of them having to email me, and me have to go and add it to zoneedit (or them adding it)?

Am I making sense on this? should I also maybe get another IP address from the company, and run the main site on that IP, and then put all the resold-reseller accounts on another IP?

Just wondering here...

And as a second question, PHP is not sending email outside of any of the domains on my server, it will send locally, but to somewhere else, it just wont do it :(

Mistervlad.