The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameserver WHM or GoDaddy Host Account

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by David Terrazas, Jul 6, 2015.

1. David Terrazas

David Terrazas Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To All,

I have a VPS account on Go-Daddy plus all my domains are on Go-Daddy as well.

When I setup a new domain on Go Daddy it sets up a nameserver automatically and not always the same one for each domain i.e.(NS25.DOMAINCONTROL.COM). When I setup a new site on my VPS it also assigns a nameserver i.e. (ns1.secureserver.net.). Which one should I use when editing the DNZ Zone File on Go Daddy?

I am sort of DNS handicapped so if I am asking a silly question please feel free to point that out.

Regards

David Terrazas

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    David,

I would suggest you to setup your private nameservers at Go-Daddy first then login to WHM and navigate to "Home » Server Configuration » Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" and put private nameservers there. Make sure to create A records for them as well and do not check "Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar. (Ignore locally specified nameservers.)" option while setting up new cPanel account.

#2 24x7ss, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator