The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameservers and IPv6

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mtylerb, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mtylerb

mtylerb Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Warburg, AB, Canada
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First of all, the new update to include IPv6 is fantastic and it's working beautifully. It can be a little clunky at time, but compared to my previous method of manually putting IPv6 addresses into the httpd.conf file, this is MUCH better.

On the downside, however, IPv6 is not fully integrated into cPanel. Currently I cannot assign an IPv6 address to a nameserver. I can assign IPv4 addresses without issue and they show up just fine in "listassignednsips". But the other two nameservers that I've manually assigned IPv6 addresses to by editing the appropriate DNS zones show as "No IP".

The problem now is that a new domains are not adding the last two nameservers to the NS entries in the zone file. ns1 and ns2 are in there, but ns3 and ns4 are not. I'm not sure what the deal is.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

cPanel currently only supports IPv6 for website content. We look forward to supporting IPv6 addresses on NSD, MyDNS and BIND (for DNS functionality), however that has not yet been implemented.

Have you configured four name servers under the "NameServers" section in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Basic cPanel & WHM Setup"?

Thank you.