Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Nameservers, Newbie In Need!

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Amish Patel, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Amish Patel

Amish Patel Registered

OK, I am so confused here.

I have just bought a dedicated server with Control Panel for my site, DailyWrestling.com - my registrar is DirectNIC.

I now need to put in the primary and secondary nameserver, which I obviously need to set up - but I have no clue how to do it.

CPanel > Edit Setup > Primary/Secondary Nameserver

I know these need to be occupied, but what do I put in them - ns1.dailywrestling and ns2.dailywrestling?

These need to be assigned to IP's or something... arghh, I'm so confused. Can someone give me an idiot guide on how to fix this - my server host is Layered Technologies.

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ns1.dailywrestling and ns2.dailywrestling to the ip's that u want to assign at the server @ registrar..in ur case... DirectNIC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Amish Patel

Amish Patel Registered

Ok, so in Primary nameserver - put ns1.dailywrestling.com and in Second nameserver - ns2.dailywrestling.com

Then the IPs assigned to each, I use as Nameserver 1/2 at DirectNIC, not ns1.dailywrestling and ns2.dailywrestling.com?

4. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    when u register dailywrestling.com, you will have the option to assign an ip address to its nameservers, namely ns1,ns2,ns3... etc.. u can assign these ip's as u like, but i suggest ns1, or the one that you use as primary to be pointing to the server ip address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...