The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameservers, Newbie In Need!

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Amish Patel, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Amish Patel

Amish Patel Registered

OK, I am so confused here.

I have just bought a dedicated server with Control Panel for my site, DailyWrestling.com - my registrar is DirectNIC.

I now need to put in the primary and secondary nameserver, which I obviously need to set up - but I have no clue how to do it.

CPanel > Edit Setup > Primary/Secondary Nameserver

I know these need to be occupied, but what do I put in them - ns1.dailywrestling and ns2.dailywrestling?

These need to be assigned to IP's or something... arghh, I'm so confused. Can someone give me an idiot guide on how to fix this - my server host is Layered Technologies.

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ns1.dailywrestling and ns2.dailywrestling to the ip's that u want to assign at the server @ registrar..in ur case... DirectNIC.

3. Amish Patel

Amish Patel Registered

Ok, so in Primary nameserver - put ns1.dailywrestling.com and in Second nameserver - ns2.dailywrestling.com

Then the IPs assigned to each, I use as Nameserver 1/2 at DirectNIC, not ns1.dailywrestling and ns2.dailywrestling.com?

4. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    when u register dailywrestling.com, you will have the option to assign an ip address to its nameservers, namely ns1,ns2,ns3... etc.. u can assign these ip's as u like, but i suggest ns1, or the one that you use as primary to be pointing to the server ip address.