Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Nameservers - same domain only more than 1 server

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by bin_asc, Aug 4, 2006.

1. bin_asc

bin_asc Well-Known Member

I have multiple servers, and I want to use my domain.com to create ns3 and ns4 nameservers that will resolve to my second server, and ns1 and ns2 ro resolve to the old server. i have associated 2 ips from the first server to ns1 and ns2 where domain.com is hosted, and only associated ns3 and ns4 to the second server, where my domain isn`t.I hope I explained my self clearly enough for anyone to understand the procedure.The fact why I`m posting this, is that I tried to setup a domain on the second server, and the ns can`t resolve the ips.Any hints ?Do you guys need the domain ?

PS : I created the nameservers in my registrar too, so that can`t be an issue.Does resolving have a position in this issue ?

2. Anishts

Anishts Active Member

Hi

Hi ,

I think this is your problem.

You have mydomain.com as your domain then you have ns1.mydomain.com , ns2.mydomain.com and ns3.mydomain.com,ns4.mydomain.com as your name servers. You want to have ns1.mydomain.com , ns2.mydomain.com on server one and ns3.mydomain.com,ns4.mydomain.com on server 2.

I think you need to create ns1,ns2 pointing to server1 and ns3,ns4 pointing to server2 in server one and ns1,ns2 pointing to server1 and ns3,ns4 in server 2 in server2 also.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...