Root Administrator
Hello,

This is a: CENTOS 6.7 i686 kvm – server WHM 11.52.1 (build 3) [TRIAL]

The problem is on my KVM VPS I decided to use nameservers:
ns3.mydomain.com
ip: 185.xx.xx.xx

ns4.mydomain.com
ip: 81.xx.xx.xx

- registered hosts at godaddy with the new ip addresses three days ago.
- I have added A entries in DNS for both NS IP's
- IntoDNS shows correct NS and IP's for a test domain hosted on the machine, but the website wont resolve.
- IntoDNS shows wrong IP (208.xx.xx.xx) for ns3.mydomain.com

Both VPS nameservers are assigned other IP's (208.xx.xx.xx) in WHM and websites wont open with the new NS3 and NS4 set.
When I try "Assign IP Address" in "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" It assigns (208.xx.xx.xx) ip

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,
Please check if there is separate zone files for the ns3 and ns4. If yes then you can change the IP under the zone file.

Maybe this thread helpful for you:
How To change NameServer Ip ?

BluesBrother

Registered
Jan 1, 2016
Istanbul
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the replies,

A cpanel tech examined the server and said: "The hosts that you setup with godaddy (ns3 and ns4.mydomain.com) are either not setup properly, or are not pointed to the correct IPs listed above. The server itself is responding as it should."

I double checked Host names @ Godaddy and they were correct. So I contacted Godaddy support, after whatever they did now nameservers and websites resolve fine. Except "NS Record Report" and "Assign IP" at cPanel still show wrong IP's (208.xx.xx.xx) :) I believe that is a bug.

Thanks again

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I double checked Host names @ Godaddy and they were correct. So I contacted Godaddy support, after whatever they did now nameservers and websites resolve fine. Except "NS Record Report" and "Assign IP" at cPanel still show wrong IP's (208.xx.xx.xx) :) I believe that is a bug.
Hello :)

I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Note the "NS Record Report" does not always reflect the status of your server's functional and in-use nameservers or domains. This report returns information based on the server's local DNS zones, as well as localhost lookups of those records. The following thread offers steps on how to verify your name servers are configured correctly:

[Tutorial] Nameserver configuration on cPanel servers

Thank you.