The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by medyusuf, Jan 11, 2011.

1. medyusuf

medyusuf Registered

hello,
    in my "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" --> Nameservers
    i have thes:
    Nameserver 1: ns1.ns-serve.net
    Nameserver 2: ns2.ns-serve.net
    Nameserver 3: ns.ns-service.de
    Nameserver 4: ns2.ns-service.de

I configured my dommaine name with these dns.

here is the result :

ns.ns-service.de
    rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    www.rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    ns1.ns-serve.net
    rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    www.rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    ns2.ns-serve.net
    rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    www.rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    ns2.ns-service.de
    rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none
    www.rsinformatiques.com
    ip address none

What should I do ???

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to create NS and A records for your nameservers in the nameservers' domain names' zone files. The DNS zone files for ns-serve.net and ns-service.de need to contain NS and A records for the nameservers. You did not mention that you had done this already; have you done this? You can edit the DNS zone files by clicking Main >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone.

Also, if you have not done this already, you must register your nameservers' IP addresses at the registrar(s) for those domains as nameservers. There is no way to work around this; this is the key step that makes nameservers work. Every domain registrar has an interface to do this. You need to register the IP addresses for the ns-serve.net nameservers with the registrar for ns-serve.net, and the IP addresses for the ns-serve.de nameservers with the registrar for ns-serve.de.

Finally, it is not necessary to enter anything in Main >> Networking Setup >> Nameserver IPs. Your nameservers will work without entering anything in this interface. The following thread explains why this is so:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/cpanel-dns-only-question-how-assign-ip-address-ns-184471.html#post754872