The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by greenchicken, Apr 27, 2006.

1. greenchicken

greenchicken Member

I have them registered and working and the site is working but I get server not found sometimes.

I think my problem may be that I have both NS1 and NS2 pointed to the same ip but when I go to change the ip it won't let me says it's registered with icann or something like that.

Now can I go to total dns control and force the new ip for the NS2 thru the registrar and when the new NS2 propegates will it automatically reflect the correct ip in the whm for that nameserver?

This stuff is getting old, I need a good , honest person that I can hire to fix some of these problems, anybody know where I can get that kind of help?

2. rusel

rusel BANNED

no, you have to set all manually, dont forget to change /etc/resolv.conf. Cheers.

3. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

You can edit the file /etc/nameserverips to add the Nameserver IPs but most important is that you add the DNS A records for the Nameservers in the DNS zone file correctly. You should also visit the registrar and point the both Nameservers to the correct IPs.