The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nasty FTP problem!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by udinnet, Oct 18, 2010.

1. udinnet

udinnet Member

Hi people,
    I'm new to this forum. But I'd used cpannel for nearly 2years. But I got a big problem after purchasing a new host with Cpanel 11.

This is what happened

1. I alredy had a domain with me and I set it's name servers to new host.

2. Then It became active after half an hour and I tested the domain in browser and it worked.

3. After I started to tranfer files to my host with Filezilla and nothing went wrong.

4. But after ~25-40 munites suddenly the file transfer was stopped and that was end of the transfer. The I tried again and again. Also restrated the computer. But nothing happened.

Code:
    Error:	Connection timed out
    Error:	Could not connect to server

5. Then I tried to enter my cpanel via my domain by typing mydomain.com/cpanel. It also doesn't working and the funny thing is I can't access any website under that NS1 and NS2 of the hosting provider. Finally I gave a reboot to my router and after it changed it's Dynamic IP it self.

6. Then I tried to access cpanel again and this time it is working!!! and FTP also. Seems to be there is some problem with Nameserver and I figured out that my current IP will blocked by Nameservers of that host after FTP time out problem happens. When I'm not doing FTP transfers I can access my cpanel as long as I need.

7. I tried to transfer files more than 20 times. But same thing happens. NS will block my current IP. and I can't access any site of those NS with my site also.

My questions is,
    Is there some thing I can do with Cpanel for this problem?
    Please help. Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If I was to guess I'd say you're being locked out by some sort of security on your server. cPHulk maybe?

You might check the settings in your FTP client and make sure the number of simultaneous connections is not set too high. If you're uploading a directory full of files you might be being seen by your security as attacking the server.

If you need to upload a large directory of files, zip it up first and then upload the one file. You can unpack on server using the cPanel File Manager easy enough.

Just guessing of course. HTH.

3. udinnet

udinnet Member

Thanks for the reply pro. But It is just about 1500 files. All are little png s and script files. But I uploaded nearly 12000 files to my old host at once. No problem occurred. Is there a possibility to identify this transfer as a DDos?

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Any more than 50 connections might be considered problematic, IMHO.

5. udinnet

udinnet Member

In my case, this is the setting. I'm very confused and contact the hosting provider. They say no one complain about such type of a problem. What can I do now?

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The number of files you're uploading doesn't matter, it's the number of connections your FTP client is making to the server. You can upload 50,000 files one by one if you like, but not all at one time.

In your FTP client settings, set the max number of connections per server/site to a lower number. You're flooding the servers connection and being blocked it sounds like to me.

7. udinnet

udinnet Member

ok thanks for your replies. I'll try. Thanks a lot again.