Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Nasty SQL + PHPmyadmin behaviour..

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by Sovjohn, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Sovjohn

Sovjohn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello there,

SQL works OK globally on the server...However, on an Ikonboard-converted-to-Invision board installation things got really screwed up!

I mean...The forum worked for almost a day.

Then, whenever I was trying to visit I was getting mySQL errors (namely, 'could now open ibf_topics.myi' and other idiotic things..)

We fixed the first error by editing the code in SQL, since some portion of it seemed to have tables written in non-english characters (dunno why).

Then, worse errors popped up, just hours later, with NO REASON! We didnt touch this particular mySQL db again!

Finally, after getting a load of mySQL errors, the server refuses to display anything anymore there:
    http://lamerclub.modszone.com/forum/

Also, I noticed that after that weird behaviour, PHPMyAdmin 2.4.0 we have didnt work properly. Namely, the dropdown list on the left, containing all dbases, didnt work. You select a db from that table, and instead of showing us the contents (tables) of it, it just reloads the 'Welcome to PhpMyAdmin 2.4.0' page.

This does NOT happen if I select the 'databases' link from the start page, and browse them manually...

I'm going crazy, all other SQL things are working, WHY THIS? WHY did PHPmyAdmin stop working properly?>

Could it be the 'update backend scripts' command my partner initiated? Or something much worse?

-When the 'update backend scripts command was given, forum was working. However I suspect PHPmyAdmin stopped working OK since then.-

ANY ideas?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...