Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED NAT messed up

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by tgv, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tgv

tgv Member

Hi,

I'm facing a problem that happened to others but has no published solution: all newly created sites (accounts) get redirected to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi, because their VirtualHost directives in httpd.conf are pointing to the external IP.

/var/cpanel/userdata/{username}/{domainname} files also contain the external IP.

/var/cpanel/cpnat file and "Show or delete current IP addresses" table both look perfectly correct.

/scripts/rebuildhttpdconf does not help.

I am able to fix the failing accounts using "IP Migration wizard" but that doesn't sound like a healthy solution.

This plague only affects the shared IP by the way, new accounts created on dedicated IPs are OK.

Background: It's a fresh Centos 7.3 on AWS EC2, with WHM 60.0 build 34. I've migrated a few dozen accounts on it, along with IP addresses, and ran "IP Migration wizard" a few times, initially using a public (external) IP before realising I should use private one; perhaps something got stuck at that point.

Thanks in advance :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tgv

tgv Member

Thanks Michael,

It's ticket #8141813

4. tgv

tgv Member

Okay, I've been told different things by the support guy, but eventually figured it out by accident.

The critical thing is that one should enter and save (or resave) Basic WHM Setup > Shared Virtual Host IPv4 Address AFTER the public IP is associated with private and bound (validated) via IP functions > Show or delete current IP addresses.

This way cPanel saves correct private IP wherever it supposed to be saved and shows the message:

Modifying “Shared Virtual Host IPv4 Address” from “13.54.81.88” to “10.0.0.156”.

That's it, thanks everyone, please like and share :)

5. tgv

tgv Member

Oh and just got an update that the private IP should be present as ADDR variable in the /etc/wwwacct.conf