The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ndc time out problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bert, Mar 17, 2002.

1. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am having problems with ndc. ndc stopped working completely without reason, when I do ndc reload, it hangs for about 5 minutes, and then comes back with the error& rndc: connect: time out&

I have run /scripts/fixndc, I have also checked /etc/rndc.key and /etc/rndc.conf and everything appears to be fine. I have placed &nameserver 127.0.0.1& in /etc/resolv.conf , but have tried without it as well. Still it times out and does not do anything.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreaciated!

2. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Now that I further check it, most permissions on the server are screwed up without reason, when I try a host command or a ping or a traceroute, I always get &permission denied& perhaps this has to do with the ndc problem. Is there any script that will check permissions on the server and fix them? I don't really know how this happened :(

3. shann

shann Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Bret,

I have same problem, I have remved key lines form named.conf and run /scripts/fixndc. It didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    shan

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: