The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need assistance from a pro, will pay.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by netricks, Jun 2, 2004.

1. netricks

netricks Member

I have set up a new server with cpanel. Everyting is running fine. I have a few issues too complex for me to handle with regards to a group of websites that I am taking over hosting for. I can easily setup new accounts through CPanel and setup resellers and all that, but is there a way to setup a group of websites at the root which I thing act like virtual sites with eachother. This is tha part I really don't understand and will gladly pay someone to help set up.

I can be reached at AOL: netricksdotcom or
    MSN messenger: grichburg@hotmail.com

The messed up part is that I am in a hurry. Of course, it all needed to be done yesterday. hahaha
    :D

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

So you are wanting to setup one master account for the group and all of the other domains point at the master site?

3. netricks

netricks Member

Well, sort of. The other sites are different. They utilize different templates. But they get their data from the same mySQL dbs, and their graphics from the same image files.

I would like to get it set up using cPanel.

The databases have been given to me as SQL dumps. I think. There's a bunch of .frm, .myi, .myd files.

So, I have to recreate the databases, set up the users, apply the proper priveledges. Yet, I am not sure if I should do this from a cPanel user or, if I need to do this from a root profile.

Thanks for your assistance.

4. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

You could do this by making all of the sub-sites add-on domains of the master site. Then you could access using the same login/pass all of the other DBs and just reference the files for images. This would take php_openbase out of the scenario and allow you to run them.

5. netricks

netricks Member

Sounds good to me, I tell you pal, my monkey-shit brown subaru ain't going nowhere with a flat and I'm here sittin' on blocks if you're smellin what I'm stepping in.

So that's different than a parked domain, someone suggested parked domains to me, but I didn't really get all that.

Add-on domains sounds like the right direction looking at the directory structure. Are you interested in assisting? I do not believe in free lunches. I will compensate you.

6. netricks

netricks Member

I currently have agentleman helping me. Thank you very much kris1351 for the assistance in these matter. I appreciate it.

GR