Need Backup to only create 1 folder

jetnet

Jun 30, 2004
I have two servers with CPanel on there, both host about 300+ domains. Both servers are running cPanel 11.24.4-C33245 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9. The older server (Server A) has been running backups now for well over a year, just like I want it to run.

(contents of cpbackup.conf)
BACKUP2 yes
BACKUPACCTS yes
BACKUPCHECK yes
BACKUPDAYS 0,1,2,3,4,5,6
BACKUPDIR /backup
BACKUPENABLE yes
BACKUPFILES yes
BACKUPFTPDIR
BACKUPFTPHOST
BACKUPFTPPASSIVE no
BACKUPFTPUSER
BACKUPINC yes
BACKUPINT daily
BACKUPLOGS no
BACKUPMOUNT no
BACKUPRETDAILY 1
BACKUPRETMONTHLY 0
BACKUPRETWEEKLY 0
BACKUPTYPE normal
DIEIFNOTMOUNTED no
GZIPRSYNCOPTS --rsyncable
MYSQLBACKUP both

It creates a folder inside /backups/ called cpbackup, and in that folder, there is a "daily" folder. That daily folder contains the user name folders. That is exactly how I need the other one to work. The other one, which has the exact same settings does this: it creates a folder in /backups/ called cpbackup, in there there are dated folders Wednesday_20090114 for example. I do NOT want that. I need one folder (cpbackup/daily) created, and I want it to nightly overwrite whatever is on the server, into that folder. I do not need daily folders of every day of the week.

Anyone have an idea how I can get the two servers to do the same thing?

MaestriaNick

Aug 6, 2008
BACKUPRETDAILY 1

change that to

BACKUPRETDAILY 0

jetnet

Jun 30, 2004
Thank you for your reply. I will give that a shot. Do you have any idea why they are both setup the exact same way, yet one does what I want it to, and the other does not? I looked at their config file, and they are identical.

Ill post tomorrow what it does.

cPanelStephen

Staff member
Aug 7, 2007
cpbackup would not use this naming scheme. Are either of the pre/post backup scripts present (/scripts/precpbackup || /scripts/postcpbackup)?

jetnet

Jun 30, 2004
No, neither one of these have any check marks. Can you tell me what file or script does the backups?

jetnet

Jun 30, 2004
I made the change you requested, and that did not solve the problem.

Once again, can anyone tell me what script is doing the backups? Which one is getting called? If I knew that, I could compare the two scripts on each server, and make sure they are the same.

cPanelStephen

Staff member
Aug 7, 2007
Backups are performed by /scripts/cpbackup, which is called nightly by the root crontab.

If you are unable to determine why this is occurring, please open a support ticket, and we will log in and examine your setup.

jetnet

Jun 30, 2004
I looked into both of the servers, and md5sumed both of them, and they are identical.

I started going through the script, and quickly found the problem. Although I did not specify for it to run anything out of postcpbackup, it was running it anyway. Thats where it was running this:

/usr/bin/dowbackup.pl

That script is something that we inherited when we bought the server, so removing it will take care of the problem. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.