The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need confirmation of this bug before I submit it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by electric, Oct 8, 2005.

1. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Can someone please help me confirm if this is really a bug or not? I've tested on two servers, but want verification from 3rd party before I submit it into the bugzilla system. :eek:

STEPS TO RECREATE

1) Enter WHM as non-root user, but with a user who has root privileges assigned.

2) Enter the reseller center.

3) Choose the "View Usage/Stats and Manage (suspend,terminate,etc)" for any reseller.

4) Choose to "Suspend All [reseller's] Accounts", but UNCHECK the box above it that says "Suspend Reseller's Main Account".

5) Now wait for process to complete.

THE BUG

First bug. You will see that the reseller's main account is also suspended, even though you specifically UNCHECKED the box that says not to do this action.

Second bug. If you manually unsuspend the resellers account, and then log into his WHM.. you are easily able to unsuspend all the accounts. This pretty much defeats the purpose of suspending all their except for main reseller account.. since the the reseller can simply log into his WHM and unsuspend them. I think the correct functionality here is supposed to be suspending each account so that the reseller can NOT unsuspend them from within his reseller account. (ie: Same functionality as when you check the "Disallow resellers from unsuspended:" checkbox on the suspend/unsuspend page in WHM.

QUESTION - IS THIS A BUG?

If the ONLY action you can take is to suspend ALL accounts, regardless of the checkbox status... then why is the checkbox there?

I think the checkbox is there so that if it's checked, ALL accounts (except for main reseller account) will be suspended. The wording could be improved, but I'm pretty sure that's the functionality that's supposed to happen.

Can anyone please confirm if this is a bug or not?

Thanks.

#1 electric, Oct 8, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  2. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Anyone? Can you either confirm or deny that this is a bug for you?

Nobody wants to test? :)