The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need custom 404, Will Pay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jdhf99, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jdhf99

jdhf99 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm trying to get a custom 404 message to go across my whole server. I'm running Apache 1.3.3 and RHE 3.0. I can do it manually with each account but I need a way to make it global for every account on the server. I will pay for a solution to this. I have tried uncommenting the 404 lines in Httpd.conf but no luck.

Thanks!

-Corey

2. djmerlyn

djmerlyn Well-Known Member

I believe it is as simple as dropping the error files (404, 403, etc...) in the "cpanel-skeleton" directory.

If you are using a reseller account, log in via FTP and upload your error pages to the skeleton/public_html directory.

If you are using the root of the server, log in to whm and click "skeleton directory" in the left menu, then look at the path for the directory. Upload your error pages to that directory.

Donate the money to http://www.worldvision.org/

3. jdhf99

jdhf99 Well-Known Member

I need it so it can't be changed or accidently deleted though. Users like to wipe out everything in their public_html folder including the 404.shtml file I put there =\

4. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The skeleton directory that djmerlyn mentions shouldn't be accessible to all users.
    You might also check this post:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=35122&highlight=error+pages