The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help and advices to make right dns cluster scheme

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by classical, Feb 17, 2011.

1. classical

classical Active Member

Hey folks

I need some suggestions to correctly make my dns cluster scheme. Currently i have this following scheme:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6946/currentscheme.jpg

ns3.example.com is Cpanel dedicated web server (shared hosting) and ns4.example.com is dns only (ns3.example.com is synchronized to ns4.example.com ns4's role is stand alone) now i have created new cpanel vps server to host 10~20 sites there standard shared hosting with apache, ftp, mail server etc . . . ,but without a namserver on it, i'm gonna use ns3.example.com and ns4.example com as vps's namservrs like this following figure shows:
    http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7199/scheme2.jpg

I have read the Cpanel's guide to dns clustering and there is written following:
    so the question is why i cant link it ? does it provoke dns zone mix up? if i setup Synchronized dns cluster from vps to ns3.example.com and dns role to ns3 will be as stand alone what kind of problem can i face ? If this is not possible, nor recommended what will be the best scheme for me ?
    thanks in advance :)

#1 classical, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. Nick57

Nick57 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have set-up 4 dnsOnly servers, because I do virtualization I have set them up on a VPS with 768MB and 10GB ( but depending on the amount of your zone files you might be able to do with a 512MB and 6..8GB. I have to say it works great. Not sure if it would be of any help for your specific situation, but now I am very pleased with this system, do't want to go back to 'old sitiuaton' to have everything on each server. Just 4 name servers to give to customers and less administration. Let me know if you need more help.

3. classical

classical Active Member

thanks for your suggestion, but i'm not going to have multiple vps with dns only. i have different scheme pleas read it again or see the pictures :)

I still need help with this . . .