The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help configuring for a database

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Jammer, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Jammer

Jammer Registered

I have created a page on my local machine (localhost) using Adobe GoLive and PHP. Everything works great when I let the local server process. Page displays fine. I just recently signed up for service with Ace-Net and began uploading my files. I created the DB with PHPAdmin and populated the tables using the script from MySQLDump.

However, the page does not display when I access it:

http:\\www.thesportslair.com\MemberRides.php

I need to configure my page for the datasource but can not find any documentation on how to do this. Can someone lend a hand?

Thanks,
    James

2. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Here is your problem:
    Code:
    <ERROR Number="2" Description="Error: &quot;mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: &apos;root@localhost&apos; (Using password: YES)&quot; on line 511 of /home/jammer/public_html/config/include/mysql.runtime6.php

you need to configure your PHP script or what ever connects to the MySQL database, with the proper parameters to successfully connect to the database that it's attempting to use, IE.. username, password, database, host,...IE

Mickalo

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

You need to edit the file:

config/include/mysql.runtime6.php

to reflect database name, user name and password that the server uses.

Do this with a text processor and upload using text mode.

4. Jammer

Jammer Registered

wow! now where in the world would it add the code. No offense but I am very much wet behind the ears when it comes to PHP. I just opened the file to look at it and talk about a foreign language. I did a search on user and on password but nothing comes up. Couldn't find a spot to add that info. Can ya point me in the right direction?

5. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

My bad,

you probably need to edit config/datasources/jammer_thesportslair.mysql.sbs

btw - this file is world readable and you need to do something to secure it or you'll open up some big security holes!!!

6. Jammer

Jammer Registered

well...unfortunately....my page is still not displaying. I have modified the .sbs file but still getting a blank page. Is there any type of error checking I can do to find this? You guys have been a big help so far. Hopefully this will get figured out while I still have some hair left.

7. Jammer

Jammer Registered

Gentlemen, I want to thank you greatly for your assistance...I have worked through the issue and can happily say that my page is now displaying quite properly. Here is the correct coding I needed:

$GL_mysql_dsnames_result = $r;
    if (isset($r) && $r != null && is_array($r)) {
    $link_id = mysql_connect(@$r["<host here>"], @$r["<user>"], @$r["<password>"]) or
    die('ERROR: Could not connect to host [' . @$r["<host here>"] . '].');

The double quotes was the kicker. I process on my localhost with single quotes but the server is looking for double. Not sure why but that got her.

Thanks once again.