The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP! Cpanel hosed system...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ronowicker, Apr 1, 2004.

1. ronowicker

ronowicker Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Ok...Here's the situation....

WHM 9.1.0 cPanel 9.1.0-R85
    RedHat 9 - WHM X v2.1.2

I rebooted my server yesterday and upon it's reboot, cpanel was completely hosed along with all of my mysql databases. All references within WHM to the website home directories and website accounts are gone.

I'm trying to rebuild this thing since it appears my datacenter backup isn't going to well. So I have a couple questions I hope someone could help me with since cpanel support doesn't like me.

1. When a website is created in WHM, where does it reference the said website on the linux system? What files?

2. Would it be possible to just edit these reference files and make the necessary input to make these accounts visible through WHM and the net?

3. Anyone have an easy solution? :) I've been down for almost two days and cannot get cpanel help.

In case anyone wants to know the support ticket number, it's 45121.

Thanks in advance!
    Tired and Whipped....Ron
  2. dandanfireman

dandanfireman Well-Known Member

May 31, 2002
    Sounds like you may be missing your var paritition. A good amount of that data is held in /var. Please contact me at dshurett (at) alphaomegahosting (dot) com if you would like a little assistance.