The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help deciphering cPanel TailWatch error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyberchimps, Mar 26, 2012.

1. cyberchimps

cyberchimps Member

Hey everyone,

About an hour ago we had an error that caused a total system hang up that required a hard reboot at the host level. I googled the error but didn't find much so I was wondering if anyone else has seen this before. From the tailwatchd_log:

[Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats] [SQLERR] Could not connect to Database: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32

If anyone has had this happen before or can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

That message indicates that a connection attempt to MySQL by Tailwatchd was not successful. That error itself would not have caused your server to stop responding. Have you noticed any load issues or lack of available memory recently that could have contributed to this? Is this a VPS or a dedicated server?

Thank you.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you check to see if you show the following in /var/lib/mysql/hostname.err log file?

Code:
    grep -i "incorrect key" /var/lib/mysql/hostname.err
    Please replace hostname with the fully qualified hostname for the machine.

If you do find entries showing that in the log recently, then the /tmp folder was full recently on trying to write temporary table data for MyISAM tables, which will cause MySQL to hang and to fail to authenticate.