Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help getting PTR records working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SolutionsIT, May 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SolutionsIT

SolutionsIT Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We've got 3 servers up and running with 3 different blocks of IP's, some clients are getting bouncebacks and when we looked into it, the error is due to no PTR configured;

Each domain is configured to send off their own IP address yet they keep failing;

I've looked at How to Keep your Email out of the Spam Folder - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation: no luck there;

Also did some more google searches and I keep finding reference to this page http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/RdnsForBind but when I go there its not found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ended up figuring it out... side note though;
    Is there any way for us to add this to the zone template so it's made automatically?

#1 SolutionsIT, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. RadWebHosting

RadWebHosting Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Documentation on how to configure RDNS for bind is available at:

How to Configure Reverse DNS for BIND in WHM - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

There's no zone template format available, as the record will change each time depending on the IP address.

Thank you.