The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need HELP, How to configure IP Preprogation Support on CPANEL/WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patcarbo007, Jul 7, 2010.

1. patcarbo007

patcarbo007 Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

I am quite new in CPANEL/WHM
    We are a hosting company, and recently we add started to add more new customer on our new Apache Unix (CPANEL/WHM) platform.

We have face a problem, some of our customer are programmer and they required how to test their prog website which refer to (Ip address preprogat iion support).

I would appreciate if someone could help me

Patrice

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. cmanns

cmanns Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On FastCGI this setup will fail we've had many clients try to use the ~username address but I'm sure OP doesn't use FastCGI, just stating that for whoever stumbles here from google.

Also food for thought, tell client's to adjust their hosts file (Windows/System32/Drivers/hosts ?) Linux: /etc/hosts

yourclientssitenamehere.com xx.xx.xx.xx

Then they click save, and it should immediately change in all applications in most cases.

4. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

Actually, someone recently posted a link to a very helpful site. I'm not sure why someone didn't think of this idea ages ago (or, if they did, I wasn't aware of it):

http://www.previewasite.com/

This site basically will create on their machine for their browser what you are suggesting for Windows hosts file. They'll set their machine's hosts file to use the IP with the domain, so you can get a preview of the site without changing around your own hosts file or using mod_userdir http://IP/~username urls (as pointed out, mod_userdir doesn't work on FCGI and CGI systems).

#4 Miraenda, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010