The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help! HTML loser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 52niner, Oct 29, 2004.

1. 52niner

52niner Registered

I need to get my server to put up the basic PHP Format. Just to let ya know I am complete Noob.

I think PHP is already installed under my package but I need to either know what to do to get it up or how to put it on my server.

Anyone that is willing to show me or do it for me I will accomodate you. I will help you or provide some financial assistance. Thank YOU PLease reply to this post if interested

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What exactly are you trying to do?

3. 52niner

52niner Registered

I'm trying to get a standard PHP website going Not PHP nuke or anyhting, what I need to do is upload or use the existing PHP files if there are any into my server so I can start working on my website. From what I gathered on the web I need to Upload the PHP files and then convert a php.dll file to a PHP.INI file but I am lost. I just want to get my website to a point were there is a blank Setup of PHP on my website and save it for future use until I work on my site. ANy Help would be appreciated. Thanks

4. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

umm.. the information you have is incorrect...

Are you an end-user (only have access to /cpanel), or do you 'own' the entire server (you have access to WHM?).

If you're an end-user, you will have to get support from your host, as they should be able to tell you if php is enabled or not.

If you're a 'server admin', then you can use the buildapache (easyapache) script to make and install apache, and just be sure to select the php module when the apache options comes up. Then you should be able to upload your php files, and configure the setting according to the install instructions, and then it should work.

5. 52niner

52niner Registered

I own the server. My question really is , is there a detailed guide to installing PHP on my server fo noobs? I've used the buildpache to make it PHP and my cpanel has a phpoadmin console but I don't know If I need to upload the files and what do do with them??