The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help in optimization of cpanel

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by sanjay83goswami, Aug 5, 2012.

1. sanjay83goswami

sanjay83goswami Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all
    I was running a joomla site on shared environment. Before three months my hosting provide sent me a mail regarding the use of memory and asked me to upgrade my plan. On his recommendation I upgraded my plan and switched to VPS with optimized cpanel. Configuration of my VPS are following
    Root access :- yes
    Dedicated RAM : 768 MB
    CPU : 1.13 GHz
    Disk Space : 25 GB
    Bandwidth/month : 500 GB
    Dedicated IP Address : 1
    Just after upgrading my plan I started getting following errors

tailwatchd failed @ Tue Jul 31 12:35:03 2012. A restart was attempted automagically.
    Service Check Method: [check command] tailwatchd is not running

cpanellogd failed @ Fri Jul 27 03:41:42 2012. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method:**** [check command]

Number of Restart Attempts: 1

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: cpanellogd is not running

Startup Log: ==> cPanel Log Daemon version 25.0

I asked my hosting company and they suggest me to optimize site. I removed all memory eater component, plugins and modules. My hosting provider also installed firewall on account. Now I am getting following error 4- 5 times in a day.

lfd failed @ Sat Aug**** 4 15:31:49 2012. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method:**** [check command]

Number of Restart Attempts: 2

Could you guys suggest me how to optimize my capnel?
    I have only one site and would host only this site on my VPS account.
    I have no intend to resell my A/c space .
    Platform of my site would only be Joomla.
    My site url is - removed -

#1 sanjay83goswami, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you are only getting a failure for LFD, that isn't even a cPanel component but a firewall one for CSF. If it's failing, have you considered posting on their forums?

CSF forums

Are you showing failures for anything besides LFD after the recent changes made?

3. sanjay83goswami

sanjay83goswami Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Hi
    Thanks for answering. After these change I got only one tailwatchd failer error yesterday.

tailwatchd failed @ Sun Aug 05 16:35:03 2012. A restart was attempted automagically.
    Service Check Method: [check command] tailwatchd is not running

Is it sufficient hardware [ My VPS plan] to run a joomla site?

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A VPS can be more than adequate to run a Joomla! site. It depends, however, on how many resources your particular site uses, how busy your site is, how many other sites you host, how they are coded and how busy they are, and even how busy the hardware node that hosts your VPS is. It is very difficult to give a solid "To do X, you need Y" answer for whether a server is adequate for your needs.

If you experience continual performance problems with your site or server, we recommend that you hire a qualified server administrator to look at the situation and either optimize your configuration, or make recommendations for a different VPS plan or dedicated server. We do not endorse or recommend any particular administrator, but we do have a list of companies that provide server administration services in our application catalog:

cPanel App Catalog