The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help in plain english please...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BilleeBear, Mar 11, 2005.

1. BilleeBear

BilleeBear Registered

I have had a website (www.billeebear.com) for a while, where I have a members area for pixel graphics.
    Things are going pretty well, until I decided I wanted to set up a mailing list and have a look around my cpanel...
    I have no idea now...I dont understand the words, and where I thought I was computer literate, I know now, that I am clueless, and a little lost.
    I want to send mail to members for updates etc, without displaying their email addresses (something simple I know) but for the life of me, I cant set it up with cpanel. I have changed the layout of cpanel to x, (?) as the way it was displaying, the mail icon wasnt showing...so I started out with a problem but got that sorted.
    Ive been lost inside the mailing list area for hours now, and still havent gotten anything sorted.
    There is so much in CPanel that I could use, if only I knew what they were! :confused:
    Any advice at all, would be greatly appreciated.
    Billie

2. Ramsy

Ramsy Guest

check the mail menu and then click on mailinglist

3. BilleeBear

BilleeBear Registered

Thats what I did... see what I mean? Its so easy, but Im lost.
    There is wording I just dont understand, and a lot of setting up, which I didnt expect...and I think thats where Ive gotten lost..
    I got into the right area, and I thought I had the right idea until it came up with a page that said I didnt put @ into the email address (which I did), and things went quickly downhill from there. :(

4. Ramsy

Ramsy Guest

well it cant get any more plain english then that .....
    you should just expiriment with some settings .. just trying and figuring out usually is the best solution, you can do any harm so :p

5. BilleeBear

BilleeBear Registered

thanks for your help :)