Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Need help: Java JRE issue with 3Ware card and Cpanel on CentOS 5.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cwuser, Dec 29, 2008.

1. cwuser

cwuser Active Member

Happy Holidays!

- My server vendor has just installed the 3ware (3DM2) controller card. It was tested and worked perfectly on CentOS 5.2 with GNOME/KDE X system.

- I installed CentOS 5.2 (with Java package), WHM, and when I am trying to install "setupLinux_x86.bin" (CLI for 3DM2 card) on this server, I get the Java error "bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host...”. I went to Sun website and installed Java but no success. I think Cpanel installation might have removed the java.

- I then reinstalled OS (Java packages, no GNOME) and install ONLY "setupLinux_x86.bin. It went through without errors. I still need to install Cpanel (which provides web service…) in order to be able to test it for remotely browsing the 3ware admin page at the port number that I chose. BUT, I am afraid if Cpanel installation might going to remove the Java again. So I cancel this option per worries.

- I went to re-do the first option (OS + WHM + 3Ware CLI) but it failed again with same error “bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is...”.

- I found a few advices on this forum to install Tomcat in order to support Java. Although I still hoped that there should be a way to fix the java issue on Cpanel based CentOS without using Tomcat, I went ahead and installed the Tomcat via WHM but I can’t find the installation link for Servlets (Version: cPanel 11.24.4-R32603 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9). I can’t go forward. :(

- I really wish to complete these three installations correctly soon so I can take the server back to datacenter and put it back online. If possible, I do not like the Tomcat option.

Please advice/guide me with a good documentation/steps.

Thank you and best wishes for the great new year 2009!

2. cwuser

cwuser Active Member

Updates, still fail...

I went ahead and reinstalled the JRE (jre-6u11-linux-i586-rpm.bin) from the Sun web site. I tried again for 3DM2 CLI installation, but it is still failed after went though with many options.

I got this error right after the 3dm2 listening port selection.

----error starts---
    The following warnings were generated:
    - WARNING: /usr partition has insufficient space to install the items selected.
    2.4 MB additional space would be needed to install the selected items.
    - WARNING: / partition has insufficient space to install the items selected.
    38.2 MB additional space would be needed to install the selected items.

Press 2 for Previous, 3 to Cancel or 5 to Redisplay [2] _

----error ends---

This is the second time getting the same error for any different type of partitions /space amount. I have followed the Cpanel’s guide to install the OS. I am sure that I Here is the current figure:

root@root [~]# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda3 19G 520M 18G 3% /
    /dev/sda8 327G 837M 309G 1% /home
    /dev/sda7 3.4G 143M 3.0G 5% /tmp
    /dev/sda5 19G 294M 18G 2% /var
    /dev/sda2 76G 3.3G 69G 5% /usr
    /dev/sda1 175M 16M 150M 10% /boot
    tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm

I think the 3ware card has lots of bugs. Any idea?

Thank you.

3. cwuser

cwuser Active Member

Can someone help me, please?

4. cwuser

cwuser Active Member

Hello,

Can someone help me, please? I did open a ticket and waiting for the help too. Any advise or response would be appreciated.

5. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

Is your OS 32 bit or 64 bit?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cwuser

cwuser Active Member

It is CentOS 32bit with latest Cpanel

thank you.

7. cwuser

cwuser Active Member

Can someone advise me, please?