Need help: Java JRE issue with 3Ware card and Cpanel on CentOS 5.2

cwuser

Jun 29, 2007
Happy Holidays!

- My server vendor has just installed the 3ware (3DM2) controller card. It was tested and worked perfectly on CentOS 5.2 with GNOME/KDE X system.

- I installed CentOS 5.2 (with Java package), WHM, and when I am trying to install "setupLinux_x86.bin" (CLI for 3DM2 card) on this server, I get the Java error "bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host...”. I went to Sun website and installed Java but no success. I think Cpanel installation might have removed the java.

- I then reinstalled OS (Java packages, no GNOME) and install ONLY "setupLinux_x86.bin. It went through without errors. I still need to install Cpanel (which provides web service…) in order to be able to test it for remotely browsing the 3ware admin page at the port number that I chose. BUT, I am afraid if Cpanel installation might going to remove the Java again. So I cancel this option per worries.

- I went to re-do the first option (OS + WHM + 3Ware CLI) but it failed again with same error “bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is...”.

- I found a few advices on this forum to install Tomcat in order to support Java. Although I still hoped that there should be a way to fix the java issue on Cpanel based CentOS without using Tomcat, I went ahead and installed the Tomcat via WHM but I can’t find the installation link for Servlets (Version: cPanel 11.24.4-R32603 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9). I can’t go forward. :(

- I really wish to complete these three installations correctly soon so I can take the server back to datacenter and put it back online. If possible, I do not like the Tomcat option.

Please advice/guide me with a good documentation/steps.

Thank you and best wishes for the great new year 2009!

cwuser

Jun 29, 2007
Updates, still fail...

I went ahead and reinstalled the JRE (jre-6u11-linux-i586-rpm.bin) from the Sun web site. I tried again for 3DM2 CLI installation, but it is still failed after went though with many options.

I got this error right after the 3dm2 listening port selection.

----error starts---
The following warnings were generated:
- WARNING: /usr partition has insufficient space to install the items selected.
2.4 MB additional space would be needed to install the selected items.
- WARNING: / partition has insufficient space to install the items selected.
38.2 MB additional space would be needed to install the selected items.

Press 2 for Previous, 3 to Cancel or 5 to Redisplay [2] _

----error ends---

This is the second time getting the same error for any different type of partitions /space amount. I have followed the Cpanel’s guide to install the OS. I am sure that I Here is the current figure:

[email protected] [~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 19G 520M 18G 3% /
/dev/sda8 327G 837M 309G 1% /home
/dev/sda7 3.4G 143M 3.0G 5% /tmp
/dev/sda5 19G 294M 18G 2% /var
/dev/sda2 76G 3.3G 69G 5% /usr
/dev/sda1 175M 16M 150M 10% /boot
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm

I think the 3ware card has lots of bugs. Any idea?

Thank you.

cwuser

Jun 29, 2007
Hello,

Can someone help me, please? I did open a ticket and waiting for the help too. Any advise or response would be appreciated.