The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help! Legacy File Manager (Text Editor Errors)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DelightfulDiva, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DelightfulDiva

DelightfulDiva Registered

I use IE 6.0 and when I access my Legacy File Manager area everything seems quite normal. I am able to upload pictures to my pics file and I can even create new files. However, when I click "edit file" for any of the pages and enter into the text editor section there are errors. The page does not seem to load completely, the text area is now condensed (only showing a few lines of text on the screen at a time) and the "save" button does not work at all. This appears to be a cPanel JavaScript problem because when I click on the error symbol at the bottom of my browser, it says "filesDataTable' is null or not an object"....another time it may say "editAreaLoader is undefined"....another time it may say "expected identifier, string or number".....and whenever I hit the "save" button to save any work, the error says "object expected".

I haven't updated my pages since around July 29th and at that time everything was normal. Now, the text editor area layout has changed in appearance and it isn't working whatsoever for me. I've tried to use the code editor but there are errors with it....plus it makes my computer freeze up. I've tried to use the (non-legacy) File Manager and it is filled with errors too and I cannot edit pages with it.

This is all quite frustrating, as I have clients who are waiting for important info to show up on my site and who are very upset with the delay. I am very concerned, as this problem still exists after contacting my webhost countless times. My webhost keeps suggesting that it is my browser but why would my browser start causing problems all of a sudden with this? It doesn't make sense. Also, I am reluctant to download another browser at this time.

Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything that cPanel can do to fix this new "error" issue with the Legacy File Manager?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance...

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Does the regular File Manager function and this only impacts the Legacy File Manager?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Is there a specific reason you're still using a browser that should not be used?

4. NineOneNine

NineOneNine Registered

I'm having a similar problem all of sudden using File Manager. When I click on a folder it does not show the contents of the folder. None of the buttons or options work. The following is the error I get.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 02:49:50 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 14705
    Code: 0
    URI: https://servername/cPanel_magic_revision_1310540765/frontend/x3/js/filemanager_optimized.js

I'm using XP and IE 8.0.6001. I saw another thread in these forums with the same error and similar problem with File Manager. It's odd we've all had a similar problem at the same time. Cpanel works on my Win 7 64-bit computer using IE 8.0.7600.

Thanks

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Please open a ticket to cPanel Support: http://go.cpanel.net/bugs

6. FedCURE

FedCURE Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    HELP!

We have he same issue on several VISTA machines running IE8 and IE9.; and cannot save changes to files in FILE MANAGER. On a test machine, we thought it was IE9, so we uninstalled IE9 and went back to IE8. No resolution. FTP really not an option for us. Apparently this is an old issue, as in 2008, Kaddie [http://forums.cpanel.net/members/murlin99/] posted that she was having cPanel File Manager Script Errors (below); and there is no resolution that we can find in the forum. Help!

cPanel File Manager Script Errors
    I am having some major issues that are irritating the heck out of me and not being able to perform work that needs to be done is pushing me so far behind. Everytime I login to cPanel and go to the file manager I get popup errors.

I just tried the cpanel file manager in explorer 8 and receive a popup error

Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

and I tried Firefox and receive this popup error,

Unresponsive Script:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx/cPanel_magic...ata/data.js:24

What is causing these errors? Is it a browser issue, computer issue or cPanel issue?

Help please!

Kaddie

7. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a bug report if you believe this is a bug for IE8 and IE9 using either the link at the top of the forums or http://go.cpanel.net/bugs