The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help - Server defacement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deieno, Jun 22, 2004.

1. deieno

deieno Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Floripa - Brazil
    Hi there,
    Please, I have some inssue in my system that people are doing defacement in my websites.

I find a hacker forum talking about the defacement they were doing in my sever: see;action=display;threadid=21

Please, I have to know how do I make my server more security do things like don't happend again, and,
    what about this hacker forum, what should I do ?

Thank, sorry about my english and I apreceate you help.
  2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2001
    ON, Canada
    I can't help with the security suggestions. There are many here who have posted various info on increasing the security of the server. Hopefully some of them will reply. I can help with watching the server though.

I write various scripts, mostly for my own use, for WHM, cpanel, and various server tasks. A while ago I decided to make them available publicly. One of the scripts I have watches specified files and folders for changes and sends an email when there is a change. That one isn't yet on my site, but is listed as a future plan. I hope to have it up within a week.

My custom scripts can be seen at You may want to bookmark it to check later. You can also join my scripts club and be notified when it is ready.