The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with cpanel skins

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by NetSP, Jul 6, 2003.

1. NetSP

NetSP Registered

Where can i find good free skins? Whats the best free skin, with more options and a good visual?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. cierrahost

cierrahost Member

Not to sound rude or anything. But free skins? hahahaha yeah right. Dig in your pocket a little deeper try to find all ya change then find a suitable skin. You pay hundreds of dollars for your cpanel license then a few more hundred for nice skins. Then after that your clients cry cuz the skin you bought isnt what they like.

Best bet is research the skin your looking at ...check the prices on it to make sure you can afford it. Research the author of the skin and the site to see if they to regular updates and keep it up to date with cpanel software. See if the skin is user friendly and even the n00bs can use it easliy. Also stay away from skins that are priced at monthly/yearly rates. Find skins that are one time price and a decent fee for upgrades.

Not being rude to skin makers but some of you are money hungry SOB's. Its bad enough that we pay hosting fee's, licenses for other hosting software and what not then you got to hang us every year or month for use of your skin. Before you go off on this and say "we put alot of work in our skins" yep ya do and its appreciated so we can have choices for our clients. But to sit there and charge us high fee's is poor business. Might as well sit there with ol billy and say "i rule the net" or "i rule the cpanel themes". Im just glad bert made a decision to join up with cpanel and let them offer THE BEST and i mean THE BEST themes for cpanel.

3. EcpHosting

EcpHosting Well-Known Member

Well, it takes a lot of work to make a good skin possible, but the only free skins available are the ones found on your server (XSkin, BlueLagoon, Vertex, Iconic, etc..). Trust me, if you obtain a skin, you'll want support for it as its the heart and core of the control panel functionality for your clients and can make/break your client's expierience.

4. cass

cass Well-Known Member

NetSP : X, X2, and Xmail skins are FREE, and are GOOD enought, and they come FREE with CPANEL 7.

Just update to CPANEL 7 :rolleyes:

Regards.

5. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    X2 is cool for most everyone, but try to make your own, once you figure it out it's easy to update and change.

6. stdout

stdout Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi, I have updated to cPanel 7.1.9-EDGE, where can I locate Xskin2 ?

7. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

Xskin is x, x2 and xmail in the CPanel themes selections. :)

x is without the woman
    x2 is with the beautiful woman
    xmail is the mailonly theme.

Brenden