The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with CPanel.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sio, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Sio

Sio Member

I started with Cpanel for my website two days ago. And I really don’t understand how to use the file manager. I made an index folder inside the public_html folder. But when I click the public_html folder the index folder is not there.

Also, if I delete something, press the trashcan, and then press the "trash" text. The items I deleted reappears. No matter how many changes I make, all the changes disappears when I for instance click "Up one level" twice.

I am not using frontpage, but I did use it before if that is relevant.

Another weird thing I have noticed is that the General server information says that the Operating system is Linux, I am using Windows XP.

If you are able to help me, it is much appreciated. PM me for mail if you are up for a challange.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    are you sure you created this folder?

If you click the trashcan text it will restore the item which is exactly what it is supposed to do

the servers Operating system is Linux what your using at home makes no difference

these questions you should be asking you host that is what you pay them for

3. Sio

Sio Member

My host will help me with CPanel? Then I will send a mail.