The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ceege.net, May 26, 2009.

1. ceege.net

ceege.net Registered

A little history here:

My server was compromised last week and everything was totally wiped out, everything, my users accounts, OS and cPanel, it was a complete format of the server, I was upset to say the least, but I am trying to rebuild and install cPanel and my host is not helping me at all, keeps telling me to contact cPanel support but I can not contact support directly because I can not get cPanel to install, and I do not the support code they need to prove I have a valid license.

Well here is my issue. I start the install but it takes up to 9 hours to complete, and I know it is not supposed to take that long. I am on a VPS with the latest version of CentOS loaded. I follow all the steps in the installation guide here on cpanel.net but it keeps failing on me. I have attempted to install now 5 times and I get the same result each time. I look in the installation log and I can not find anything that is causing the installation to fail. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask for this kind of help or not.

#1 ceege.net, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. serversignature

serversignature Well-Known Member

Please try to open a support ticket with cpanel support. They can help you.

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member